Monday 4 April 2016

Yuen Family Photos

March 28 (Monday)

Went to have lunch with Auntie May Soo today. It was a public holiday, Easter Monday. Steven was able to join us for a few moments. After we went back to her apartment and looked over some old family photos. She didn't have too many. I was hoping to find some of the Yuen family, but since she is the youngest, she didn't have much. She said Uncle Henry and my Mom probably have most of the pictures.
Yuen Family Photo 
Aunt May Soo married to Tong Lau 
Steven, May Soo, Agatha, Tong, Louisa 
May Soo and Tong Lau
Grandma and Grandpa Yuen my Mom's parents.

For FHE tonight, there was a farewell dinner for Elder and Sister Pack and Elder and Sister Towers. The Pack's worked in the mission office, and the Towers worked in the Wan Chai office. The Edwards are also going home this month, but were unable to attend. They are from Red Deer and he worked in the auditing department.


March 29 (Tuesday)

OAD - Went shopping with Nora to Wendy's. Bought a dress. Found another interesting shopping area. Lots of little cubicles. They all are wholesalers, but some of them will sell to you, but charge you retail price. I saw a cute skirt that I really wanted, but she said I couldn't buy it since she only sells to stores, and not individuals. I did find a fun Mickey Mouse shirt that I purchased for "OJ".


March 30 (Wednesday)

I had a craving for cabbage rolls. I haven't had them here since ground beef is so expensive. This time I mixed it with ground pork. Had them for dinner, and left overs for lunch. Hit the spot...all gone!


March 31 (Thursday)

Went out to dinner with the Lee's after our shift at the Temple. Tried a Ramen Noodle place, but I didn't have noodles, John did. I had a very tasty crispy fish with cream sauce on rice.

I had missed a couple FaceTime calls from Jasmine, so I called her back. She said Emmy was trying to call us with some news. Curious...what kind of news could Emmy have? It must be something good or exciting. Nope. She had a little accident when she was backing out of the garage and hit my "Baby BooHoo" (nickname for my car). Nothing serious. Small scratch.


April 1 (Friday)

Time for a hair cut and colour for both John and myself.


April 2 (Saturday)

Nothing to report.
Another one of John's cars to add to his photo collection.

April 3 (Sunday)

Today is Mama Baby's last day in Hong Kong. She is going back to the Philippines where she will wait for her immigration papers to be finalized to move to Oregon. She will sure be missed.

I was able to get four more interviews done today. I'm trying to squeeze in as many as I can before we go home during Temple break. So far, besides stories of conversion, broken families, pain and heartache, some of the stories have included incidents of gambling, drugs, and murder, infidelity, jealousy, extortion and sting operations. It sure makes me thankful for the quiet little life I lead.





No comments:

Post a Comment